Exercise Tips: A Guide To Staying Healthy And Fit
Do you want to be healthy and fit all the time? In This Exercise tips for you.
There is no shortage of studies pointing out the benefits of exercise. Exercises to lose weight don’t just make you look attractive, but also keeps you healthy and less vulnerable to heart attacks, diabetes and other diseases. But if you have never exercised regularly, how do you get started?
Before we move on to the specific workouts, you have to set goals. Are you going to exercise to lose weight? Or you are interested in building muscles, or a little of both? Next you have to decide if you’re going to work out at home or the gym. If you’ll hit the gym, you can use the gym equipment to get fit.
Table of Contents
If you’re going to work out at home, follow these Exercise tips.
Before doing any exercise workouts you have to warm up for 5 to 10 minutes. Stretch your limbs, do a 10 minute workout on your bike, or just run around. Stretching your body loosens up your muscles and prepares you for the workout ahead.
Workouts to Lose Weight:
For best results you should work out for at least 30 minutes a day, five days a week. Here are some suggestions to get you started. Each exercise should follow the next without a break, and each one lasts for 30 seconds.
- Body stretches: stand up, raise your arms by your side at 90 degrees and twist your body.
- Standing up, bend your waist to the left, your right arm over your head. Keep bending until your left - hand touches your ankle. Hold for a couple of seconds, and repeat with your other arm.
- Stand up and bend as much you can without bending your knees. Raise your body up and repeat. At first you may reach only down to your knees, but eventually your fingers will be able to touch your toes.
- Crunches and Sit-ups: lie flat on an exercise mat with your knees bent and feet flat on the surface. Put your hands behind head and under your ears. Lock your hands together and lift your body up. Don’t use your head or shoulders to lift your body up.
- Lie down flat and bring your knees up to your chest. This is a common type of exercise at home and works well-burning fat and strengthening your legs.
Aside from these basic workouts, you can add lunges, shoulder and arm stretches and jumping. Each one should last for 30 seconds, after which you take a 1-minute break. After the break, repeat the workouts. Your goal is to do four sets of these 30-second routines.
How to Build Endurance:
Aerobics and cardio are included in almost every flat stomach workout plan, but if you want to build endurance you have to do intense workouts, the kind that leaves you breathing hard and with increased heart rate. Aside from the workouts we mentioned above, stay active the entire day, i.e. do yard work, dance, and engage in sporting activities and so on.
Brisk walking, running and jogging are effective for building endurance. The best time to jog is early morning. Set your alarm clock to go off 30 minutes earlier than usual and jog for 20 minutes, and work it up until you reach 30 minutes.
If you’d rather run, do so, building up slowly and giving your body time to get accustomed to it. When it comes to brisk walking, you have to do 45 minutes preferably every day. Make sure to get the appropriate shoes for running and other gear to make the running fun and effective.
How to Build Muscles:
You can’t just focus on losing fat because you’ll end up with a thin, skinny body. As you lose weight, you have to do strength training to build muscles. There are a ton of muscle building programs online, but here are some tips.
- Get a pair of adjustable dumbbells so you can increase the resistance level as you progress.
- Vary your lifts and do 8 to 10 reps per set. Once you get comfortable, increase the number of sets than the reps.
- Aside from dumbbells, you can use a resistance band.
- Be more active during the day. Make it a habit of lifting heavy objects, nothing too heavy you'll fall over of course, but enough to make you flex and work out your muscles.
Exercises for Balance and Flexibility:
Even the fastest weight loss exercise won’t be effective if you don’t engage in flexibility exercises. Your options include calf stretches, upper arm and shoulder stretch and yoga, with yoga being a comprehensive workout plan on its own. The choice is up to you, and you can incorporate it in your daily workouts.
Balance workouts are especially helpful for older people. Tai Chi, heel to toe walk, standing on foot, etc. will all help improve your balance. Even if you’re still young, it won’t hurt to include these in your budget.
Other Tips and Suggestions:
- Work out your entire body. Even if your focus is on reducing belly fat, don’t neglect the other parts of your body.
- Strength training should be done 3 to 4 times a week only. You can alternate your cardio workouts with weight lifting, but five times a week is too much. You have to give your muscles time to recover, as that’s the time your body repairs and builds up your muscles.
- Eat a balanced diet: don’t limit yourself to just fish, fruits and veggies, as you also have to eat meat to add mass What you do need to cut down on are the sweets and pastries.
- Don’t let yourself get comfortable: once you’re able to do the workouts above, increase the duration or number of reps.
- Don’t overdo it: exercising 30 to 45 minutes a day is enough. 60 minute or longer workouts won’t be much help and could actually hurt you.
There are many other types of weight loss workouts for men and women, so feel free to add to the exercises above. What is important is you persevere and follow through. People give up to easily, but if you make exercise a part of your life you’ll be the better for it.